Since its foundation in 1995, several organizations supported ACOREMA’s Research and Conservation Programs. We thank them all:
ACOREMA wants to express its sincere gratitude to all individuals and institutions that sent their sympathy in view of the situation generated by the Pisco earthquake of 15 August 2007. In particular, the kind support from Alan and Diana Baker, Koen Van Waerebeek, the Avina Foundation and Cetacean Society International helped ACOREMA to overcome the post-earthquake stage.
Special thanks to the individuals, companies and organizations that showing a great solidarity spirit are contributing to make reality the new Marine Education Center in Pisco. Acquiring the land, preparing the technical dossier, the building and museography plans of the Center has been possible thanks to the kind support of:
• Gesellschaft zur Rettung der Delphine (GRD) and donors to the “Pieces for Paracas” Campaign
• The Saint Louis Zoo
• The Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society (WDCS)
• Cetacean Society International (CSI)
• The Columbus Zoo
• Deutsche Umwelthilfe (DUH)
• Rapunzel Naturkost AG
• Thomas & Kathy Leiden (Leiden Cabinet Company)
• Students and teachers of 5th Grade, Primary school The Markham College (Class 2008).
• Penguin Taxonomy Advisory Group
• Moody Gardens
• A.A. Zoo Philadelphia
• Dante Ormeño
• Ramón Farinos
• Ricardo Soto
• Patty McGill
The new ACOREMA website was possible thanks to support of Gesellschaft zur Rettung der Delphine (GRD), Germany.